Coffee Break - with Riley




Hi everyone Riley here,

This week’s Sunday corner my Mum will talk to me about my favourite books.

I am 8 years old and I  love reading because it inspires me to make my own stories.

Question 1

“So Riley, who is your favourite Author and can you tell us why?

Well, my favourite Author is David Walliams because the books are very funny. His stories are a bit revolting like The World’s Worst Children, but they always make me laugh.


Question 2

“Who is your favourite character and why?”

My favourite character is Hermione Granger. I like her because she helps her friends and she is caring. She always does what she believes is right. She is a real hero in these books.

Question 3

Can you tell us your top 5 books that you have read?”

 Tom Gates – Spectacular School Trip!

Dog Man

Harry Potter and The Philosophers Stone

Demon Dentist

 Funny Life of Teachers.

Question 4

“Is there a book you have seen that you would like to read next? Why do you want to read it?”

The secret Lake by Karen Ignlis. I want to read this book because it is a mystery and I would like to solve it. The front cover makes me feel excited to see what happens in the book. I am going to ask my mummy to buy it for me.




Question 5

“What are you currently reading? Are you enjoying it?”

I am reading Dog Man the first book of them! It is a comic book and is very funny. Petey is very smart and everyone else is dumb! I would tell my friends to read this. 



In lock down I have kept busy doing my school work at home and dance lessons on zoom! I also had this idea to camp in the garden and raise money for the NHS Charities Together.  It was great fun but very tiring as I could hear the church bells all night and then the birds singing! 


Thank you so much to Riley for spending time talking about her favourite books, authors and characters! I I did tell you she would make an appearance!  I think it is so important that children love reading.

What books do your children like to read? What books do you remember from your childhood? Please share in the comments below!

We hope you like this week’s Sunday Corner! K x💜 


Comments

Popular Posts