A Cottage by the Sea - Carole Matthews




A Cottage by the Sea 
Author - Carole Matthews 
Published 2013
My review - 5 *****
 "perfect escapism for when we can't get away." 
Hi  everyone!  
First of all I hope you are well during this very strange time. I would love to hear what you've been doing with your time whilst we have had to stay at home! 
I've been busy trying to keep my daughter entertained, it is becoming more difficult as the novelty of baking, gardening and crafts is now wearing off and fast. How have you been keeping busy? 
No surprise that another way I have spent my time is reading & just like many of you, I have got through so many books since lock down began. So I have decided that it is only right, for my first review to be one that I have read through lock down and I have to say there is one book that stands out, I actually read it in one day! Back to the book review...
The story is about Grace, her friends Ella, Flick and their partners based over a week away at Ella's cottage in South Wales, this week will change their lives...I'm not going to give the story line away! 
I became to really care about all six of the main characters, they are each relatable and I was engrossed in what was going to happen to them. It definitely is a rollercoaster, as I found myself routing for some parts of the story to happen and then surprised at others! This story felt like being with your friends at a time when we can’t be.
I do love a Carole Matthews book and this one doesn't disappoint and I would say is a must read, if you haven’t already! Don’t we all wish we had a Noah in our lives!
Have you read this one?! What did you enjoy most?! & What are you currently reading?!

Hope you all have a good bank holiday weekend, stay safe. K x💜






Comments

Popular Posts