In The Spotlight - The Last Charm Ella Allbright



This is a must have read of 2020! I really want this review to do justice for this beautiful, heartbreaking but at the same time a warm story.

Right from the dedication at the beginning, it made me ugly cry but also had me laughing at other parts.
It deals with the difficult topic of life and grief in an honest way, the delicate topics are covered so beautifully. It broke my heart but it did actually put it back together again.
Lelia- is such a relatable character after her mother leaves suddenly and with no answers it is not surprising she makes mistakes and acts out. This to me makes her more real.
Jake - Oh Jake, there are almost no words to how much I loved this character. I desperately wanted to save him from his childhood! He has such an amazing outlook on life that what he says will actually stay with me.

My favourite quote - Nothing is ever certain. Nothing. And it's only what we do when we're faced with that fact that makes us who we are.
It is heat breaking, inspirational and a beautifully written story that will stay with you.

& very exciting there is a readalong event happening all week! So keep an eye out on social media for lots of events happening!
There is so much I could say about this story, but I am not into spoilers but over the week with this readalong I am sure I will share more of my thoughts!


You can order your copy here!




Comments

  1. Thanks so much for posting your review here Katie, and for taking part in the Readalong too. Your review is absolutely lovely and makes me feel emotional! So glad you loved the book and that it’s resonated with you. Take care & stay safe, xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts