Dear Emmie Blue - Lia Louis



Where you at Emmie Blue? 

5* - A must have read of 2020

So first of all there is so much I could say about this beautiful story, however I am not about spoilers so I won't ruin anything for you! Second of all, why is it harder to write reviews for stories that you just simply adored?! I apologise if this doesn't convey how much I loved everything about this read and how it is one of my favourite reads... ever and I know readers will adding it to their favourites too!

Emmie is sixteen when she lets go of a red balloon against all the odds the balloon is found in France, miles away. No one could have thought that this simple act of letting go of a balloon would end up providing Emmy with friendship and a family she never felt like she had, but everything happens for a reason. Fourteen years on and with Emmie and Lucas turning thirty, Lucas has a question to ask Emmie, but is it that question she is thinking and dreaming of?
All of a sudden everything Emmie knows is slipping away, what if Lucas isn't her forever? what if she trusts everything will work out how it is meant to? What if nothing is as it seems?!


I read this story in just one sitting because it just gripped me from the beginning and I couldn't put it down, but at the same time I didn't want it to finish... always a sign of a great book! 

It is beautifully written, I have said this before but Lia really does make you feel as if you have known the characters for years and the way she tackles delicate subjects so beautifully.
Emmie Blue is warm and relatable and don't we all just want a Moreau brother in our lives?!


Ebook edition out now!
Paperback out next week!

You can follow Lia on twitter @LisforLia






Comments

Popular Posts