Book Club - Somewhere Close to Happy by Lia Louis

This months book club read is Somewhere Close to Happy by Lia Louis. 




I came across Lia when I noticed her newest story 'Dear Emmie Blue' on netgalley and wished for it. I was lucky enough to get my wish and I read it in a day (my review of this will co
me soon as it is out in August, but you need to pre order this!) So when I found out Somewhere Close to Happy is only 99p on kindle edition, for a limited time, I had to buy it, and you really should to! 


Somewhere Close to Happy 

Lizzie James is living her life and she is happy, when one day she gets a letter from her first love of her life, you know the one you never really forget about and often wonder what if?... But the letter is dated 12 years ago, the day he disappeared out of Lizzie's life. After receiving this letter she knows she needs to get answers, why has the letter only just arrived? Why did he just disappear? 
Is Lizzie really happy? or just somewhere close to happy? 

In this story Lia Louis deals with mental health in such an honest way. It broke me, but also made me laugh and by the end put me back together again. It is a heartwarming read I felt like I've known the characters for years (I got the same feeling with Dear Emmie Blue too!) Lia has a way of writing that just gives you all the feels! She is one, if not my favourite find of 2020. 

Somewhere close to happy is currently only 99p on Kindle edition, for a limited time so get your copy here and join in with this months book club read. 


Comments

Popular Posts